Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_3_] Ashton Crusher[_3_] is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:05:00 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 7/22/2015 6:42 AM, Robert Green wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message On
wrote:

stuff snipped

a choice thing is pretty easy to demolish. When did any
straight person reading this thread make a conscious decision to become a
heterosexual? The surprisingly simple answer is that they didn't just as
most (all?) homosexuals didn't make a decision to become homosexual. One
day they realized that's who they were.

But if that's not enough proof it's NOT a moral choice, but an innate
process common to more than 10% of all species, there's this:

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/0...homosexuality/

When I was in college ('70's) I said gays are born with "gayness" -
during a lit class discussion. I hadn't given it much thought, but
used the same simple logic as you did above. The professor was
probably gay, and he took exception.

The logic is pretty simple which is why it's hard to understand why the
religious types are so up in arms. No one I've ever heard of has "caught"
gayness like you might the measles.

Have you ever heard of "influence"? What about "learned behavior"?

Looking at the lines that snaked around courthouses across the county full
of gay people waiting to get married one thing struck me: They were plain,
simple looking folks for the most part. They looked just so damn average.

Just because people prefer to do something, it doesn't mean it's right,
natural, normal, or good.

And it's so wonderful we have people like you around to tell people
what is and isn't right, natural, normal, or good. Can I do the same?
The right thinking for people to do is use their minds and realize
that like the Easter bunny and Santa Claus, ALL "gods" are fantasies
left over from a time when people thought the earth was flat and the
four basic elements were phlegm, fire, bile, and who knows what else.