Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
Paul[_14_] Paul[_14_] is offline

Default Brother all in one says out of ink but there is ink printerscanner copier fax say

micky wrote:

He probably thought you and I should be smart enough to figure it out.

And indeed you did.

And for the record, I did too. When I tipped it back, that's because,
I'm 98% sure, that was the way the cartridge had to go te get the ink in
the window, as you just advised.

Frankly there is enough ink in one or both of them that 40 degrees would
have been enough, and I think 90^ is for when there's only a couple
days' worth of ink left, but I will do as I've been told.

I went back and found the guy who threw it away, and he was friendly, in
a good mood and had no reason to lie, so I'm wondering if the printer
sat around for a few weeks after he bought the new one, and maybe that
has something to do with the No Ink message. I know, I've had more
than one 19" TV, all CRT but both tube and transistor, that stopped
working when I let them sit too long.

He said he put it out at 3PM on Sunday and I didn't get it until 9AM on
Monday, so it sat there, on a busy street but with plenty of parking
right in front of the printer, for more than 5 hours of daylight.

And it's not a rich n'hood. The sign was slightly obscured by the
grass, but I easily r ecognized it as something free. so I'm wondering
if tne rest of them are getting too rich for their britches.

I had something similar happen. I have a VCR, had it for
years. It always sat plugged in. Never a bit of trouble with
it.

So one day, I figured, I'll just unplug it until I
need it again. About a year later, I had a tape I wanted
to try in it, plugged it in, inserted the tape, and
the tape pops back out. It won't go the final
step, to loading into the "ready-to-go" position.
I took the covers off it, tested the IR sensors with
my IR detector strip, used the multimeter, and it looked
like the sensors were all working.

I couldn't stand looking at the pile of stuff on the
counter, so one day, off to the junkyard it went.
What a waste. And all because I didn't keep it plugged
in.

Paul