Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default A Bit Of Embarrassment For Our Wonderful Governor!

In article ,
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Per Robert Green:
Here's an idea. We *draft* the next President from a pool of people with at
least the minimum qualifications that don't want anything to do with the
job. Couldn't do any worse.

I would propose that one of the qualifications be that the nominee does
not want to be president. Truman, Ford.... pretty good presidents by
the historians' accounts I've heard... neither wanted it. Powell did
not seem to want it that badly - and I would have voted for him
partially for that reason.

"The major problem--one of the major problems, for there are several--one
of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get
to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to
them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to
rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves
made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
? Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein