Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
"Robert Green" wrote:

Just like the hypocrites of Hobby Lobby who
said they couldn't possibly have anything to do with paying for
contraception but somehow aren't reluctant to take money made
from investing in birth control makers.

What is hypocritical is the studious ignoring of the fact that HL were
more than willing to pay for all kinds of contraception except one kind.

Interesting. You're making it personal by accusing me of a) being
hypocritical and b) ignoring, apparently (and even studiously) some other
facts you've unfortunately failed to introduce as evidence.

Their investments (as far as I have been able to find out) did NOT
include the makers of the 4 specific medications they were concerned
about.

Hmmm. Well, I've carefully examined the citations and evidence you've
introduced to back up your claims and have to conclude you HAVEN'T submitted
any citations or evidence. I suspect this will play out like the Melissa
Cakes case once we get to examining substantive documents like Hobby Lobby's
pleadings. Let's go straight to the horses mouth to see if there was only
"one" kind of contraceptive they would not pay for because that's not how
I've read it.

http://sblog.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-con...espondents.pdf

In a brief filed with the Supreme Court, the Greens object to covering
Plan B, Ella, and IUDs because they claim that these products can prevent a
fertilized egg from implanting in a woman's uterus-a process the Greens
consider abortion. But researchers reject the notion that emergency
contraceptive pills prevent implantation the implantation of a fertilized
egg. Instead, they work by delaying ovulation or making it harder for sperm
to swim to the egg. The Green's contention that the pills cause abortions is
a central pillar of their argument for gutting the contraception mandate.
Yet, for years, Hobby Lobby's health insurance plans did cover Plan B and
Ella. It was only in 2012, when the Greens considered filing a lawsuit
against the Affordable Care Act, that they dropped these drugs from the
plan.

Only when they went to court did their religious convictions come into clear
focus, it seems. Like the Mormons. "You mean we'll lose our Fed tax
exemption if we don't admit blacks to the church?" And so blacks got to be
Mormons because of the LDS Elders and their deeply held faith in keeping
their humongous tax breaks.

So let's count so far:

1) Plan B
2) Ella
3) IUDs

Hmm. "One kind" you say? (-: Methinks this "studious hypocrite" deserves
an apology.

But wait. There's MORE! In case you think I am relying on second-hand news
reports:

From the PDF (written by HL's attorneys): "Hobby Lobby's health plan
therefore excludes drugs that can terminate a pregnancy, such as RU-486. The
plan also excludes four drugs or devices that can prevent an embryo from
implanting in the womb-namely, Plan B, Ella, and two types of intrauterine
devices. "

Wait a minute, now we're up to at least FIVE exclusions. (-:

--
Bobby G.