Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

On 7/22/2015 10:39 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
Muggles writes:

On 7/22/2015 1:33 AM, Robert Green wrote:
"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

Yet in spite of that the good Christians on here would refuse service
to gays DUE TO THEIR CHRISTIAN RELIGION!!! They make a mockery of
their Christianity.

"Prejudice, a dirty word, and faith, a clean one, have something in common:
they both begin where reason ends." - Harper Lee

Prejudice:
: an unfair feeling of dislike for a person or group because of race,
sex, religion, etc.

me- I was wondering who gets to decide which feelings are unfair?

: a feeling of like or dislike for someone or something especially when
it is not reasonable or logical

me- Also wondering, who gets to decide what feelings are logical or
reasonable?

We tend to toss the word "prejudice" around as IF it is a dirty word,
but it isn't. It represents people's feelings, and that's one thing that
can't be legislated, manipulated, or controlled in people around us let
alone ourselves.

You continue to post off topic stupid stuff.
What is your problem?

'Scuse me. I didn't bring up this topic, and multiple people are
responding to the discussion. You're welcome to ignore it.

You should know who gets to decide, especially in this case, since it
was the Supreme Court.

Which case are you talking about? I was referencing Robert Green's use
of the word "prejudice" in his Harper Lee quote.

When the word prejudice is used in every day speech, the person
saying the word got to decide.

So, anyone can decide if someone else is being prejudiced, right? What
is a valid litmus test for validating that sort of label?

Sure the word represents a feeling. In this case, it's an "unfair",
"illogical" feeling. So if someone called you prejudiced in this
thread, it's because they think your "feelings" are "unfair" and / or
"illogical". Is that so hard to understand?

So, likewise, I can call you prejudiced if I feel your "feelings" are
"unfair" or "illogical"? Will that mean I'm correct because I say that
about you? IOW, does calling someone "prejudiced" have unintended
consequences to putting that label onto someone else?

You're post above is just a bunch of nonsense.

You're prejudiced, obviously, because your comment presents feelings
that are "unfair" and "illogical", in my opinion.

Of course prejudice is a bad thing. Look at the definition again.
You can't make it into a good word with the silly line of reasoning
you present above.

Is that so? People who disagree often attempt to counter their
opponents argument by attacking their character by calling them
"prejudiced". If you can cause doubt in someone elses character, you
can begin to win your argument based on personal attacks vs. arguing the
actual content of the message, instead.

Prejudice is a judgement based on political correctness and individual
viewpoints. What is fair to one person is unfair to another.

Whether you are prejudiced or not is a separate issue.
I make no statement on that subject, that's between you and the other
posters here who seem to care what you think.

We're all prejudiced about something if we decide to take a stand on any
issue at all because someone will see our position as being unfair
and/or illogical.

I'm posting just to comment on how ridiculous your "reasoning" above is.

My "reasoning" makes logical sense until I pass the point of not being
politically correct in someones eyes.

We all know prejudice is a bad thing. Well, all of us, except you
apparently.

Prejudice is only bad if it supports evil. Otherwise, prejudice that
supports good is good prejudice.

--
Maggie