Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Probably so. Although some there think he would have made sure none
of the cupcakes got into the hands of gay people. I think Jesus would
have wanted the cupcakes to go to everyone, gay, straight, Trans,
whatever. That's how Jesus was.

From everything I've read about just HIS teachings and not the follow-on
works of others you're right on the money. He was unafraid to preach to and
comfort lepers. I don't remember him checking ID and criminal/sexual
history when he performed the miracle of feeding the poor. You would think
if homosexuality was the enormous evil that some religious types make it out
to be, that Moses and God would have mentioned it by adding an eleventh
commandment. Apparently thought crimes like coveting a neighbor's goods or
wife was of a higher priority.

I suspect Christian bakers will now have to run background checks because if
they get this up-tight about serving cakes to gay couples, then they should
also make sure there are no thieves, idolators, kids who disrespect the
parents, etc. These are mortal sins, carved in stone, but the anti-gay
bakers don't seem too concerned with any of the 10 Commandments the buyer
broke - as long as he isn't gay.

It seems that setting yourself up as a Christian bakery or pizzeria can be a
ticket to instant wealth:

When an Indiana pizza joint said it wouldn't cater a gay wedding,
supporters took to social media and raised more than $840,000 to help the
shop. When a Florida baker was threatened after she said she wouldn't bake
an anti-gay cake, she raised nearly $15,000 in one month.
Two online fundraisers popped up when Ferguson, Mo., Police Officer Darren
Wilson was put on leave for fatally shooting Michael Brown. The pages earned
more than $400,000 in donations.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...#navtype=panel

So I wouldn't cry TOO hard for these bigoted bakers. Some of them made more
money preaching discrimination than they did at their craft.

--
Bobby G.