Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oven light keeps burning out

On 7/21/2015 4:53 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 21, 2003 at 3:23:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello all. I have a 12 year old GE built-in oven and over the past
couple of months the interior oven light keeps burning out, I've gone
through about six or seven since Nov/Dec. The lamps generally burn out
when I open the door or push in the oven light switch, but not (with
one exception described below) after the bulb has lit up.

I'm sure the solution was found over a decade ago when the post was
made. Pay attention, there will be a quiz later.

It happened to us recently. Had one light bulb that lasted at least 10 years. Then it died and I have been replacing the bulb 5 times in the last 1 month. Kept dying after just a few days. I wondered if the problem is with the recent bulbs quality/spec or the oven itself. I recalled in the past you buy separate bulbs for fridge and oven. Now it's the same bulb.

Before 2003, more like 1989, I had a lamp over
my workbench. Phillips brand bulbs would burn
out when I turned on the grinder. GE bulbs lasted
a lot longer than that.

Pehaps the poster from 2003 can get bulbs of a
different brand to try.

--
..
Christopher A. Young