Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default Brother all in one says out of ink but there is ink printer scanner copier fax say

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 05:50:52 -0400, micky
wrote:

I found some webpages that remind me of what I used to know

If you know how Brother decides that a cartridge is necessary, or you
know aobut this particular model, MFC-J625dw that would be great, but
otherwise, I should read the webpages first and I apologize for
bothering you all.

No idea if it applies to your model, but printer manufacturers
make their money out of replaceables, and have little chip counters in
the cartridges/machine. So when they decide it's time to pay again,
they say it's out of ink/toner.
I was fortunate enough to buy a Samsung ML 2010 B/W laser
printer with no such chip. On my 4rth refill, each refill costs under
10 dollars and lasts 3000-4000 pages. Later models have the chip.
It might be a faulty ink-level detector, or maybe the
cartridges need reseating. Try the brother support page.
Replacement "alternative" cartridges for your model are dirt
cheap on Amazon. If there is no hardware damage, that's what I'd do,
replace the cartridges.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004