Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message newsc6dnes5U93-

stuff snipped

Our 1.6 gpf toilets do a great job of clearing the
bowl, but I always wonder about moving things down the line to the
street. I double flush often, not from need,, but for safety.

They've managed to save 20 millions gallons of clean water by switching to
low flows. Scientists claim that hydrogen peroxide or sludge eating enzymes
would be far safer to use than bleach.

http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/2...bleach-in-san-
francisco-bay/#ixzz1F0D8BT3g

http://tinyurl.com/qzuutaz

I saw a "Dirty Jobs" episode that was filmed in the SF sewers. Apparently
they serve as home to some impressive numbers of roaches and rats. The
stink apparently gets bad only in the summer. California definitely needs
the water savings so they'll work something out, I am sure.

--
Bobby G.