Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Follow up

On 7/21/2015 7:36 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 7/20/2015 8:55 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 7/20/2015 6:18 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 7/20/2015 3:56 PM, philo wrote:

The one being replaced has minor water damage...but considering I
did it 25 years ago, I think I can say I got my money's worth by
now.

My poor kitchen need some tlc, too. Now, I'm jealous.

My kitchen is still in the planning/layout phase , we haven't
broken ground yet . You probably don't know , but the wife and I
live in a 25 foot camping trailer in a clearing out in the woods .
Well , that's a little misleading , there's also a 16 x 24 room ,
attached to the camper via a temporary hallway . The kitchen is
phase II , and will be 24 x 24 with a 16 x 10 combination
pantry/storm shelter/general storage area underneath .

wow ... that must be an interesting adventure. I think every house
should have a storm shelter. Do you live in tornado alley?

Sort of , we do get some from time to time . A few years ago one
hit Mountain View (Arkansas) . We figured from the storm damage
track that it had to have skipped over our property - this was
before we moved up here . Ice storms are the biggie here - which is
why I now have a (little bitty , but ...) tractor with a blade on
the front . It's a mile to pavement ... uphill ...

yikes .. So you don't have a road to where your trailer is at?

Oh yes , there's a road , but it's gravel/dirt . And the county might get
to it before the ice melts , depending on how severe the storm was . We've
(neighbor and I) usually got at least one lane cleared before they get the
highway cleared - we're about 10 miles out of town on winding mountain roads
. The other neighbors think Ken and I are a couple of Swell Guys .

Nothing like clearing a road that makes neighbors appreciate you.

--
Maggie