Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Appliance industry warns....

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 1:13:25 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:57:41 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

I've often wondered how much water is used by people rinsing out stuff
to be recycled. Water is in short supply in many areas and the amount
of water used to clean that trash must be huge.

Recycling is almost always an environmental loser. It is just a feel
good program. Alumiinum makes sense as do most metals, simply because
of the cost to refine it from ore Paper and plastic only make sense
if the reprocessing plant is fairly close. Where I am, it makes a
whole lot more sense to burn these in our waste to energy plant than
to put it on a truck and ship it 1000 miles to the recycling plant.
The stuff in there will burn too so why wash it?
Unfortunately there was a news story about it and now they are
trucking a token amount away, just to pacify the ill informed.

Penn & Teller did an episode of "Bull****" on the subject of recycling. It was a mistake to elect people from La La Land into public office. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh-KDa_Jmok

[8~{} Uncle Trash Monster