Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default question about 300ft long wiring run

Hi,
I have to install a very long wiring run to a compressor. Here's the criteria:
1. approx 300ft from my main panel to the compressor
2. 220V motor, 1 phase, operating at 11.2amps at 10psi/60Hz.

Questions:
1. is #10 AWG sufficient? If so, how can I be sure (where could I check in the NEC to confirm)?
2. do I need to do a voltage drop calculation?
3. Will my motor burn out because it's so far from the main panel?
4. what size breaker is required?
5. would you recommend anything else? (i.e. maybe lighting protection because it's so far from the main house??)

All technical advice appreciated.
Thanks
Theodore