Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Follow up

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 6:17:52 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 7/20/2015 3:56 PM, philo wrote:
On 07/20/2015 03:47 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/20/2015 3:45 PM, philo wrote:

When we get the new sink, I'll just let her put it in.

This little project is expanding quite a bit as now she has
decided to replace the 25 year old wall paper too.

I can't argue with that one...it's time.

So as long as the walls are going to be stripped, I figure this
will be a good time to open them up and rewire the whole kitchen.

Might as well.

The wallpaper will probably get messed up during the sink
installation. She might want to install tile back splashes, too,
along with the new sink. I'm sure she'll think of more to do.
Maybe new cabinets?

Here is the plan:

Hire a friend to remove the wallpaper.

I will then open the walls and rewire.

Same friend will then prep the walls.

Next the sink and counter will be removed. The cabinets are in good
condition but I will have to hire my friend to sand and paint them to
match the new color scheme.

We will hire a professional paper-hanger to put in the wallpaper.

Finally the new sink/counter top will be installed...

The back-splash will be about six inches high . Since the sink,
counter and back-splash are all one piece there should be no water
damage.

The one being replaced has minor water damage...but considering I
did it 25 years ago, I think I can say I got my money's worth by now.

My poor kitchen need some tlc, too. Now, I'm jealous.

My kitchen is still in the planning/layout phase , we haven't broken
ground yet . You probably don't know , but the wife and I live in a 25 foot
camping trailer in a clearing out in the woods . Well , that's a little
misleading , there's also a 16 x 24 room , attached to the camper via a
temporary hallway . The kitchen is phase II , and will be 24 x 24 with a 16
x 10 combination pantry/storm shelter/general storage area underneath .

--
Snag

I always wanted to live in a converted missile silo. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Silo Monster