Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default Screw it, did it myself.

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 2:44:15 PM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/18/2015 4:56 PM, philo wrote:
When I was in the Army I took leave with a friend of mine to visit his
grandfather in rural England.

He was about 80 and heated his house only with wood he cut himself.

Me and my buddy decided to help him and went at it with a 2 man saw.

He came over laughing and said we'd never get it cut that way and just
did it himself.

Grandfather Eddie heated with wood. Ran out,
one year. Sawed up and burned a player piano
in the cellar.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

I bought a old ramshackle ?house? that had an "antique" bedset, bed and dresser, wife was enamored with it. It was in really horrible condition and was obviously not "antique" at all, 40s or 50s vintage. When she became disabled and in the nursing home, it disappeared in my stove.

Harry K