Posted to alt.home.repair
jimmy jimmy is offline

Default Vibrating water pipes

On 07/18/2015 09:44 PM, "Wade Chattanooga" wrote:

Today my pipes started vibrating very bad when any of the three toilets
were flushed. It sounded like a air compressor was running in the
basement.At first I thought something had gone wrong with the PRV but what
I figured out is I had left the outside hose faucet on with a 50 foot hose
attached. The sprayer on the end of the hose was closed so the hose was
full of pressurized water. Once I turned the outside hose faucet off the
vibrating problem went away. The only thing I can figure out is the 50
foot hose acted as a pressurized reservoir, when the toilet was flushed
there was a pressure drop in the piping and water was feeding in from the
PRV and the hose causing the PRV to oscillate. Any other ideas as to why
this would happen?

Maybe you need to adjust the bias on your SDR?