Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Screw it, did it myself.

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 2:37:16 PM UTC-5, Harry K wrote:
On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 12:35:42 PM UTC-7, Harry K wrote:
On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 4:19:59 PM UTC-7, Frank wrote:
On 7/17/2015 2:48 PM, philo wrote:

On Halloween with granddaughter wife noticed 81 year old neighbor was
missing a tooth. When asked, he said he fell off the roof.

Another neighbor, 75, was killed by partially fallen tree he was
chainsawing.

These are fun activities that I've given up.

I'm 80 Been heating with wood since 1976. Still out there cutting but my "work" day is down to 3 or 4 hours. Ladders? I swore off of them a few years ago but got my hat knocked off under a black walnut last week, out with ladder and up it with my top handle chainsaw. Cut branch leaving a stub, cut stum and it nailed my nose and chin as it fell.

Knees? Nope but I did have both hips replaced about 15 years ago. Didn't slow me down except for the recovery period. From the stories I heard, I do NOT

(added, hit send too soon) I do NOT want anything to do with knee replacements

Harry K

HK, I hope I can get around as well as you do when I'm 80. Being unable to jump up and go is very frustrating for me because I've lost my independence.. You seem to be getting along pretty well there fella. I admire you and hope you can keep active for many years to come. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Young Monster