Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Parts for Black & Decker Toaster Oven TRO480BS

"micky" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 08:50:00 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

Anyone know where to get a replacement timer for this unit? B&D does not have stock.
Timer failed after a few weeks and stays on until manually turned off.

After a few weeks after you bought it? Shouldn't they give you a new
oven?

Did you ask for a new one or just for a new timer?

Or after a few weeks after you threw it off the roof of your house? In
t hat case, no.

P&M

I wonder how to find out if there is a recall on this product. This is a fire/injury hazard.

I thought they were supposed to be able to stay on indefinitely, because
it was posstible to use them without setting a timer. For example, if
you wanted to roast an entire pig, that would take a long time.

Previous oven was also Black & Decker and used for 20 years. Was still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly.

I would not recommend the TRO480BS. Many problems -- those I recall are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.

LOL! Sober up, Micky!