Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] oldyork90@yahoo.com is offline

Default fire alarm control panel.... Did Mircom get hacked?

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 3:29:27 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 09:42:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 11:35:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I know this is on the edge of OT, but I thought this group might be interested in this.

I live in an apartment, and like many apartments in Minneapolis, they have Mircom security/monitoring systems; fire, building access, ...

A couple days ago the fire control panel sounded off and trouble lights lit off. The management was informed, but a day later the panel was still squawking.

A visit to the super's office revealed that Mircom boxes all over Mpls were down. Mircom didn't know what the problem was and was still investigating. It's 2-3 days later and the box is still down.

They suspect a hack.

Not reassuring.

Here's the Mircom description of the unit the went bananas: RAM-300LCDR(R/W) Remote LCD Annunciator

I think what you mean is that the investigation is not fast enough for
you, so it must be a hack?

I'll trade the recent OPM hack with you and your concerns.

No, that's what THEY said per the super. I could care less if it's ever repaired after I discovered that the mutual alarming in the building still functions. I order all my stuff "cheapest way" and drive on in the right hand lane Oren.