Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Screw it, did it myself.

On 07/18/2015 07:41 AM, Norminn wrote:
On 7/17/2015 3:59 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 1:49:03 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
Busy day
My wife in her studio painting. A friend was over here remodeling our
dining room...I figure today would be a good day to trim the tree and
clean out the rain gutter
I made sure the ladder was firmly anchored so it would not slip...Friend
came out to take a break and saw me up on the ladder.
I told him not to tell my wife I was up there as she would not like it
Later when the three of us were in the kitchen having coffee...he asks
me ...with wife listening of course...
So, when can I tell her...in 20 years?
I think she figured it out anyway as I was full of dead leaves and plant
roots.
Amazingly...none got in my hair though.

(Bald)

66 years old, both knees replaced 3 yrs ago

I need both knees myself. How was your recovery and how much pain were
you in? My new roommate here is 75 and he just had a knee replacement
at the VA. I tell him he must be made of cardboard because he's
stapled back together. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Joint Monster

Thanks to a neighbor's tree, we get a couple of bushels of maple seeds
in the gutters on our garage every year. Hubby and I were setting up to
clean them out (one story home) when my son came over with his gizmo
that attaches to the garden hose to wash out the seed. The rod for the
gizmo is extendible and has a hook-shape at the top to go over the rim
of the gutter.....wouldn't work well I suppose for gutters as loaded as
ours, but for finishing up it was great. While he was at it, he
tightened up the fasteners on the gutter and rescued some frogs and
toads from the window wells. On his "vacation", he picked his way
through about 50' of hardpan to put in a french drain from his
downspouts to roadside pipe. Penny pincher. I wish he'd spend more
time fishing so we'd have some good fish frys!

I was wondering about using some sort of power sprayer, but the roots in
the gutter were growing everywhere and even pulling them out by hand was
not easy. Amazing how much can accumulate in a year. I managed to get
the neighbor's tree pretty well trimmed away from the house...but the
branches will grow back I'm sure.