Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

On 7/18/2015 10:45 AM, Robert Green wrote:
"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

stuff snipped

"I want a cake just like that one for two weeks from today" and then
proceeds to tell the clerk/owner that they are gay and going to marry
their boyfriend you want the owner to be able to say "we don't sell to
gays, not even identical cakes like the one that just walked out the
door." That is what the law says a business can't do. They can't
discriminate because someone doesn't like gays, or blacks, or
Methodists.

That's what the official ruling reiterated in many places.

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/SiteAsset...Cakes%20FO.pdf

Open up a public storefront and obey (or seek to change) the laws that come
with that decision. Want to be a bigot? Go private. All the bakers were
being forced to do was make a choice between obeying or disobeying the laws
of their state. Even when they were told it was illegal to discriminate,
they stood firm and continued to proclaim they would not serve gays. Were
the damage awards excessive? Perhaps, but it's what happens when litigants
show no remorse for breaking the law.

I'm betting the guy in Montana that caused the grazing fee furor a while
back is thinking about trying to work a religious exemption angle into his
numerous complaints with the Feds. After all, cows are sacred in India.
(-:

Gay bakers can refuse to make cakes that say things against their belief
system. Why are gays above the law?

--
Maggie