Posted to alt.home.repair
KPLLOYD KPLLOYD is offline

Default New pressure washer engine stalls...replacement does too! Help!!

replying to SteveB, KPLLOYD wrote:
respond wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message

My power washer has always been hard to start after I stop it to refill
the gas tank. I would pull for five minutes, then let it^H^Hme rest for
five, then *maybe* it would start. (This is not impressive for
customers who are paying by the hour.)
I recently discovered that if I turn the water off at the faucet and
relieve the pressure in the hose, it starts right up. Apparantly the
motor doesn't have enough power to get up to steady state if it's
simultaneously trying to pump water into a closed hose.

KP I found that depressing the trigger helps for restarting the engine