Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Parts for Black & Decker Toaster Oven TRO480BS

wrote in message ...
On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 8:50:33 AM UTC-7, Snuffy Hub Cap McKinney wrote:
Anyone know where to get a replacement timer for this unit? B&D does not have stock.
Timer failed after a few weeks and stays on until manually turned off.

I wonder how to find out if there is a recall on this product. This is a fire/injury hazard.

Previous oven was also Black & Decker and used for 20 years. Was still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly.

I would not recommend the TRO480BS. Many problems -- those I recall are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.

Try posting in sci.electronics.repair

Thanks.