Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_3_] Ashton Crusher[_3_] is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 20:26:36 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 7/17/2015 5:21 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 06:05:13 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 10:47:56 PM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 09:06:29 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 6:34:37 PM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:

What BUSINESS reason would a business owner have for refusing service
to gays or blacks?

They shouldn't need to give you or anyone a reason. It's their
business. No more so than a gay baker should have to give a reason
for refusing to provide a cake that says "Homosexuality is a sin".
Or a black baker refusing to provide an anniversary cake for the
local KKK.

See how well and easy that works? No gag orders, no heavy hand of
the law required.

If you can't come up with one then you are a bald
faced bigot racist if you think it would be alright to refuse service
to gays, blacks, etc.

Baloney. That does not compute. Believing someone else should
have the freedom and right to do what they want with their own
business does not mean that I or anyone here would agree with what
they are doing. If I saw a baker that had a sign saying "whites only",
I wouldn't go there. Neither would the vast majority of Americans,
You could expect protests, business disruptions, and a loss of most
of your business. If you still want to do it anyway, who cares.
See how simple that is? No judges issuing gag orders, no heavy handed
policing.

And if my religion prohibits me from paying taxes to the gvt I should
be exempt from taxes under your views on this. THAT is the idiocy
your position leads to.

There is no such religion. But there are religions that don't want
to have anything to do with gay weddings. And you misrepresent my
views. I would not limit the right to discriminate to only cases
where it involves religion. My position is very simple. If it's your
business you should have the right to choose who you want to do
business with for any reason. You libs believe that somehow this
will immediately lead to mass discrimination. That's because you
have a very jaundiced view of your fellow citizens and don't trust
them. In reality, you'd have some small number of businesses that
would discriminate and I say so what. Just go to the 99% of businesses
that don't, actually welcome your business, etc.

The idiocy of your position is that a gay baker can discriminate against
Christians by refusing to bake a cake that says "Homosexuality is a sin".
A pro abortion baker can refuse to bake a cake that says "Abortion is a sin".
But whhhooooh, if a Christian baker refuses to bake a cake for a gay
wedding, they get fined $130K and have a gag order placed on them.
Welcome to 1984.

Do you think Jesus, if he owned and ran a Bakery, would refuse to bake
cakes for Gays simply because they were gay?

Jesus would ask them to turn away from their sin, and follow him.

That's nice but would he refuse to bake cakes for them? Nothing I
read in the bible suggests Jesus would be the bigot that many
so-called "good Christians" are. Since you were too chicken to answer
the question it would appear you are one of them.