Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default Old Sears Garage Door Opener Died

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 4:27:56 PM UTC-5, Thomas Day wrote:
I have an old Sears garage door opener (139.663900) that went dead this week. Both the manual door opener button, my remote receiver button, and the remote controls do not activate the opener motor. The light on the manual door button is out, which sort of makes me suspect a fuse (which I can't find) is out or the logic board died. Any suggestions for returning this 1/3 horse opener to life?

1st make sure you have AC to the unit (extension cord), then check the output for the transformer (don't remember if it's 12 or 24). If that checks out, look closely at the control board for burns or cracked solder connections. I have a Chambelain that's identical. I had to replace the nylon gears once in 30 yrs.