William Buchholz

Default viewsonic monitor P810 with vertical problems

I had a similar problem, the vertical sync was very erratic, sometimes
almost good depending on the scan rate. I replaced the C1883CT IC, it
controls both the vertical and horizontal synchronization. Check the
tiny smd transistors around the chip as well, I found one bad, the
sync signals pass through some of them. Also check the electrolytic
caps and the vertical IC itself in the vertical section, I had to
replace these as well. To probe the chassis I constructed a special
jig from some wood that would support the pcb close to its installed
position without the metal cage on the bottom. The service manual for
the G810 is he
http://members.rogers.com/tcomsite1/
It is almost identical to the P810.
Good luck.
(HoustonEE) wrote in message . com...
Chassis HV8SA

All,

Originally monitor would not power up, made ticking sound only. Thanks
to postings found here, found several bad parts around HOT
(q855,q719,q550)

Now monitor has no horizontal sync, and vertical is top half of screen
only, with horizontal white line in the middle. Have found and
replaced bad C408. All diodes in vertical section check OK.

Anybody have any suggestions on what to check next? Also, I found it
very difficult to probe anything on the chassis to make measurements.
Is there a trick to making this feasible?

I was going to offer to trade schematics for advise, but I'm instead
just going to post a link and trust in the kindness of the readers.
It's for a panasonic monitor, but it uses the same chassis.

http://rv6llh.rsuh.ru/panasonic/TX-D2162.ZIP

Thanks in advance for all assistance.