Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default A/C Thermostat operation

On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 4:05:13 PM UTC-4, J Burns wrote:

....snip...

My swing doesn't seem to be adjustable. Sometimes if the thermometer
says 79 and I step down the setting to 78, it doesn't always come on. A
reading of 79 may mean 78.6, and 0.6F may not be enough to turn it on.

...snip...

You have your stat set at 79? Holy crap!

Anything above 74-75 outside for more than a few hours and our A/C is on and
set for 70. On the flip side, winter heat is set for 68. (We'd do 68 in the
summer too but even I can see the economic foolishness of that!)

The last few nights have been in the 50's. We have our windows open and a
fan drawing air into the bedroom. That's why God invented comforters and
snuggling.

Do you turn the heat on when the night temps dip into the 60's?