Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default shop vac recommendation?

On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 08:41:46 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 11:37:33 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 11:32:26 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 07:15:58 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I ran into a similar issue with an old Craftsman W/D vac a few
years ago. My local Sears didn't carry my filters in-store and I
needed one that weekend. They had a few filters from another model
on their clearance rack, but they were bigger than the ones for my
model (more surface area is a good thing, right?) However, they
were really cheap, like all 3 for less than the price of 1 of mine.

I bought all three, then went home and cut off the plastic threaded
rod that the original filter screwed onto and screwed in a long
piece of 1/4" threaded rod that I had in the shop. A few more minor
modifications and the new filters fit just right. I used 2.5 of the
3 filters before my vac died so I definitely got my money (and
efforts) worth out of the modification.

So DD, why is you can make a weird part fit yer shop vac, but cannot
make yer articles wrap, like above?

nb

Blame my corp servers for blocking newsreaders leading me to use GG.

My typing wraps in the input box in my browser (Chrome) but I guess it doesn't post that way.

BTW...I haven't heard that complaint from others. Do you all see it that way?

I'll also respond via IE and see if there is any difference.

Posting via GG with IE. This is a test of the wrap feature so I'll just ramble (text just wrapped in the input box) on like I always do and see how this (wrapped again) appears when it hits the newreaders of the fine members of this (wrapped again) group.

Comments?

Didn't wrap in Agent.

So I guess I should do my own wrapping to keep y'all happy.

I just pasted the following 2 sentences from my previous post into the GG input box, then manually added a CR where the input box wrapped it automatically. Nothing changed on my screen, i.e it didn't move the line next lines down. My guess is that *this* paragraph is not wrapped, but the following one is.