Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default starting a cut in the middle with a sabre saw?

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 9:59:20 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
starting a cut in the middle with a sabre saw?

Do people really do "plunge cuts" with sabre saws. That is, start holes
int he middle of plywood, or fibreboard?

Or do they just drill a hole first.

Depending on the project, I might start my cut with this and then move on to the sabre saw:

http://www.harborfreight.com/Variabl...ool-61219.html

Depending on the thickness of the sabre saw blade, you may still need to do a plunge cut, but you'll have a guide as well as less material to plunge through.