Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Screen Door Closer installation

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 4:07:03 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 12:26:52 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 2:00:47 PM UTC-4, dadiOH wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 11:01:51 AM UTC-4, gary wrote:
The first entries in my threads were written by other people (NOT by
me).

There are now 4 threads related to your issue.

I see only one.

First off, I don't know why the title of a ng thread would start with
"".

Second, none of the 4 threads appear to contain your original post,
instead the first post in each thread appears to be a response to

Do you (or anyone) have any idea why this is happening?

It happens when you don't have the post in the thread to which the "" is
responding. True for you? No idea.

In my case, using OE, I occasionally reset each folder (to dump old
messages), then reload the newest 300, then compact all folders (to tidy up
the dbx files). After doing that, any replies to a message I no longer have
will appear as a thread with "".

I am forced to use GG at work. Currently I see 34 posts across 4 threads related to the topic. None of them have Gary's OP as the first post, so I'm guessing that there are more posts that I can't see.

Screen Door Closer installation 15 2:59 PM
Screen Door Closer installation 11 7:30 AM
Screen Door Closer installation 6 Jul 14
Screen Door Closer 2 Jul 14

About an hour ago, there was a 4th thread entitled Screen Door Closer installation with a single post in it from Col (Troll) but that post has disappeared from my list.

I don't use OE (Agent), but do you think the issue with posts no
longer appearing could have anything to do with "I occasionally reset
each folder (to dump old messages), then reload the newest 300?"

As far as I can see there were only two (2) original threads:
Screen Door Closer installation
Screen Door Closer

All activity has been to one or the other.

Just for fun, access the a.h.r ng via Google Groups (no, you don't have to register or even sign in to the evil Google)

I believe you will see at least 4 threads related to this issue. Now, this is not something that happens with most threads, but a similar thing is happening in 2 of Gary's threads over in rec.woodworking.

For example, there are 3 threads with the same title in the wRec:

Particle Boad screws

I'm not saying that Gary is the cause, only that he is the common factor in different threads in different ng's, with GG being the other common factor.. However, since GG doesn't do this to other threads, we are back to Gary's threads as the only ones displaying this issue.

Gary: What reader/app are you using and what do you see - multiple threads or a single thread in a.h.r and the wRec?