Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default wet phone

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 10:24:59 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/15/2015 10:17 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 9:08:55 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:

Not on my Lebaron or Toyota. Each had/has a separate AC button.

Are you sure that you are actually turning it off? My Honda manuals state that if the A/C was not on prior to turning on the defroster, the A/C will come on but the A/C indicator will *not* illuminate.

I quote:

"Select Defrost. The system automatically switches to fresh air mode and turns on the A/C. The indicator in the A/C button will not come on (LX model), or the A/C ON indicator will not come on (EX, EX-L and Touring models), if the A/C was off to start with."

So, even though you say there is a separate A/C button in your vehicles (BTW I don't know of any vehicles where there *isn't* a separate A/C control) how do you know that you are actually turning it off? In my Hondas, the system apparently overrides the A/C button.

Why would anyone NOT want the AC on to defrost? Faster, thus safer.
Won't cost but a penny or two a year in gas. IMO, it was a great idea.

Apparently micky thinks it's a bad idea, money wise.

When I said "There is nothing wrong with using the A/C in the winter" he said "It costs money".

Perhaps he subscribes to that infamous economic practice of "saving money regardless of the costs". ;-)