Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default wet phone

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 07:56:04 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 2:29:15 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 05:43:50 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

You must be careful to let it cool before turning it on. And if it has a re=
movable battery, remove it first. Batteries in cell phones and other electr=
onics have thermal fuses or polyfuses that could brick a battery if it gets=
too hot. Turning on a hot smart phone can damage the CPU which is a proble=
m that GM is addressing with its design for an AC cooled compartment for ph=
ones that will be built into the dash of new GM vehicles. 8-)

So will the AC will have to run int he winter too? Including the
full-size compressor? Since the dash is in the passgenger compartment,
warmed by the heater?

...snip...

There is nothing wrong with using the A/C in the winter.

It costs money.

The owner's manual for both of my Hondas (and maybe my other cars too, I don't recall) specifically say that the A/C can be used year round to remove moisture from the vehicle to keep the windows clear.

That's more important than charging the phone.

In fact, the Honda manuals state that the A/C automatically comes on when the Defroster setting is selected.

Yeah, mine might do that too, but I almost always turn it off.