Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Screen Door Closer installation

gary wrote:
I own a Wright Products V2000BL Easy Touch Pneumatic Storm/Screen
Door Closer.

I've installed a NEW jamb bracket -- the front edge of the jamb
bracket is 1/4" from the door -- then I attached the closer to the
new jamb bracket with the connecting pin.

To attach the other connecting pin to the EXISTING door bracket, I
had to use a lot of strength to pull the closer out about 2 inches.

When the door is closed, the connecting pin on the jamb bracket is 2
inches from the end of the piston cylinder.

When the door is open 90 degrees, the connecting pin on the jamb
bracket is 8 inches from the end of the piston cylinder.

Should I move the door bracket nearer to the door jamb? How many
inches should I move it?

1. Fasten the jamb bracket wherever they tell you it should be (1/4" seems
really close to me, mine are 2-3" from the door).

2. Hook the tube to the jamb bracket

3. Put the door bracket on the tube

4. Close the door.

5. Ever so carefully, move the tube so that the door bracket is flush on the
door and level (more or less) with the jamb bracket.

6. Screw it there.

You don't do a whole lot of DIY, do you Gary?