Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_3_] Ashton Crusher[_3_] is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 11:27:24 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 7/12/2015 10:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 6:01:43 PM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message news:388319c7-

stuff snipped

No one is saying religious freedom trumps the law.

That's precisely what the religious exceptionists ARE preaching. In Oregon,
which had anti-gay discrimination laws in place, the bakers explicitly
claimed their religion gave them the right to refuse service. The court and
authorities decided otherwise.

They aren't saying religious freedom "trumps" the law at all.
They are saying religious freedom is incorporated into the law,
ie the constitution. The SC in their recent gay marriage law
decision, in Hobby Lobby, etc has affirmed that. The only question
now is to clarify it based on specific cases.

I'm against anyone being forced to bake a cake period.
Sounds like Stalin, Kim Jung Un or Hitler to me.

You make it sound like these folks didn't sell cakes for a living and these
gay demons broke into a hair salon and demanded they bake a cake for them.

Never said or implied any such thing. Stick to the facts.

It's the baker's business. No one forced them to do anything.

Good grief. Of course they are being forced. Did you even read
what happened? They are being forced to serve customers they
don't choose to serve or close/sell their business. In addition,
the court imposed a *gag order* on them, barring them from voicing
their objections. Of course, when it's a gag order on free speech
in the name of a lib cause, then it's OK.

I'd close the business, and then re-open it under a different name
listing specifically which cakes I would/could make. If it isn't on the
list, then I can't make it. Gag order ... pffffft! There's always a way
around such things.

Keep in mind, wedding cakes are normally not simply made ahead of
time with the hope that someone needing a wedding cake THAT DAY will
come in and buy it but they are made to order. So if someone comes in
as another customer is leaving with a cake and the new customer says
"I want a cake just like that one for two weeks from today" and then
proceeds to tell the clerk/owner that they are gay and going to marry
their boyfriend you want the owner to be able to say "we don't sell to
gays, not even identical cakes like the one that just walked out the
door." That is what the law says a business can't do. They can't
discriminate because someone doesn't like gays, or blacks, or
Methodists.