Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 17.5 Briggs and Stratton

On 7/13/2015 11:56 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 08:34:50 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Had a lawn mower with Tecumseh engine, had exposed
flywheel nut. I used a drill, socket, and sawed
off a socket extension. Much easier than rewinding
the rope over and again.

You want to locktite or safety wire the flywheel nut though, because
when the engine starts and overtakes the drill-motor ir cam (and very
often does) take the nut off very quickly.

How do I know? BTDTGTTS

I could feel the motor starting, and pull
the drill and socket off. Never was an issue.

--
..
Christopher A. Young