Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT. Trump vs. Trump

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 8:27:28 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 07:15:41 -0500, trader_4 wrote:

On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:22:06 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Trump isn't exactly Moses coming off the mountaintop.
From Meet the Press: http://tinyurl.com/pyc4fzm
About 4 1/4 minutes including commercial.

Good find. That's what I've been saying, that he's been
on both sides of a lot of issues. They should have had gay
marriage in there too. You can even add both
sides of illegal immigration. As recently as the last
presidential election, here's what he said about Romney after
Romney lost:

"The Republican Party will continue to lose presidential elections if it
comes across as mean-spirited and unwelcoming toward people of color,
Donald Trump tells Newsmax. Romney's solution of "self deportation" for
illegal aliens made no sense and suggested that Republicans do not care
about Hispanics in general, Trump says. "He had a crazy policy of self
deportation which was maniacal," Trump says. "

"It sounded as bad as it was, and he lost all of the Latino vote," Trump
notes. "He lost the Asian vote. He lost everybody who is inspired to
come into this country." The GOP has to develop a comprehensive policy
"to take care of this incredible problem that we have with respect to
immigration, with respect to people wanting to be wonderful productive
citizens of this country," Trump says.

"The Democrats didn't have a policy for dealing with illegal
immigrants, but what they did have going for them is they weren't
mean-spirited about it," Trump says. "They didn't know what the policy
was, but what they were is they were kind."

Read more at:
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ion-rich-lowry

And note that even now, when he was asked in an interview what he
would do with the illegal aliens already here, the supposedly frank,
tough talking Trump wouldn't give an answer.

I read a commentary yesterday suggesting Trump also seek the Dem
nomination.
The guy could make things interesting if he called out HRC on some things.
What does he have to lose? He could be on TV much more.

It's an interesting question why so little of his rhetoric is
ever directed at her, isn't it? I mean it's a primary, so that's
part of it. But he could appeal to his fringe base by attacking
her. For example, she's been in favor of sanctuary cities, and
continues to be. Why hasn't he gone directly after her on that?
It would appeal to his supporters. No, he just wants to be a
wrecking ball for the GOP. Better to tweet cheap shots at Bush's
wife and call other Republicans names. Makes you really wonder.