Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 17.5 Briggs and Stratton

On 7/12/2015 2:42 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 17:49:04 -0700 (PDT), ken baker
wrote:

I have a 17.5 briggs and stratton intek on my craftsman push mower. Lol just joking of course. It's a rider. I am into old school and also having starter issues. Back in the day my grandpa had a boat engine that was electric start but one day we were stuck in the middle of the lake with a dead battery so he pulled the engine cover off and grabbed a piece of rope from under the seat and wrapped it around the flywheel and after a good jerk we were going again. I'm looking to do the same thing to my mower if I can find the right parts. I mostly need a pulley with a notch for wrapping a rope around. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Post a photo of the flywheel - top and side views showing the top.
Post on a free hosting site and then the link back here. Show the
flywheel bolt for sure.

Then I might have a suggestion.

I tried to pull start a snow blower (maybe 8 HP) one
time, and didn't have the shoulder power for it. I
wonder how likely it is to pull start such an engine?

--
..
Christopher A. Young