Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Blueray Player problem

Muggles wrote:
On 7/12/2015 1:48 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 2:16:03 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 13:02:18 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 7/12/2015 12:22 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 12:21:28 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 12:07:52 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 11:48:56 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
Not sure if anyone would have an answer to this problem or not, but I
have this blueray player that's suddenly stopped working properly. Here
is a photo of the info on it:
http://picpaste.com/1541a7f42252a550...134ac5a2c3.jpg

We finished watching a movie one evening and then my brother changed the
settings to "update automatically". Ever since then the machine has
been stuck in a loop of "Up ..... Open ..... turns itself off .... turns
itself on again ... Up .... etc.," It was connected to the internet so
it should have updated, but we finally had to just unplug it and put our
old blueray player where this one used to be. It works fine.

We've tried to find a solution on the web, but have come up empty, and
can't find a 'reset' button on the stinking machine. Should we turn it
into a boat anchor or is there a way to reset it to get it out of that loop?

--
Maggie

You could try downloading the newest update to a PC and burn-it to DVD (most will read CD's also). Keep it disconnected from the internet and try to re-start with disc in it. HTH

The player manual says to use a USB pen drive to update...instructions are on page 31 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...uct/BD-FM59/ZA

!! thanks !! I've looked everywhere for the manual that came with it,
and no joy.

Did you change the settings back to prevent automatic updates. Does it
work without looping over and over?

I can't help you but, perhaps, there is not and update (chip flashes)
available but the system is constantly checking?

Link above:

"Latest Downloads - Unfortunately, this information isn't currently
available for this product."

I'd change the settings back and fire your brother

Also, if it's stuck in some endless update loop, did they try
disconnecting it from the internet? Maybe if it can't find
the internet, it will get out of the loop.

That didn't work, either. We tried disconnecting it from the internet.
We can't get another screen to come up so we can change the settings
back. I'm thinking it'll make a nice boat anchor at this point.

Your update must've been disturbed B4 it finished. Only way out is to
set the machine back to factory default state. usually that involves
going into service mode using tester or particular key sequences.
Otherwise the machine is a toast. I never update firmware until it is
proven OK. I wait until others try it. I only use Panasonic player(s).
One other way of resetting it is to ground a specific pin on the micro
process chip if you how to.