Asimov

Default Mitsubishi CS2611R vertical problem.

"Lenny" bravely wrote to "All" (30 Aug 03 09:42:43)
--- on the heady topic of "Mitsubishi CS2611R vertical problem."

I changed one on a Sansui not long ago. The pin 1 Vcc didn't seem to
mind being at 9v instead of 12v. If your top half pix is missing the ic
is bad. Change the small electro connecting to pin 9. A nearby diode
connecting to the electro should be tested. I think the NPN in the
output opens easily when the ic overheats. I had to strap on a larger
heatsink as the operating temperature had me worried. Good thing the ic
is cheap. Good luck!

LA7838
1 - +Vcc1 (+12V)
2 - vert trig in
3 - time constant
4 - vert amp ctrl
5 - vert size ctrl
6 - ramp generator
7 - vert out ac/dc feedback
8 - +Vcc8 (+24V)
9 - pump-up out
10- osc stop
11- ground
12- vert out
13- pwr supply for vert out

Le From: (Lenny)

Le This set uses the LA7838. I did all the soldering and then took some
Le readings on the chip. Pin 1 VCC measures 9.0V, (according to NTE
Le should be 12V), and pin 8 measures 24V, (correct). Does anyone have a
Le database on Mits or have any tips on this model? Or perhaps if you
Le have a schematic you might be able to share with me or even just look
Le at to see what you think?
Le Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

.... No electrons were harmed in the posting of this message.