Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

On 7/10/2015 11:09 AM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 09:59:18 -0500, Muggles wrote:

The Bill of Rights provides limits on the power of
government. Which, sadly, are being ignored now days.

I agree with that. I just can't figure out which one made slavery legal.

You have to go way back to American colonial law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery#Slavery_in_American_colonial_la w

See also Slave Codes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_codes

And Black Codes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Codes_%28United_States%29

None of those were written into the Bill of Rights, though, which is
what Dan Espen implied legalized slavery.

Finally, The 13th and 14th Amendments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitu tion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitu tion

It took Constitutional amendments to abolish slavery, but nothing in the
Constitution made it legal. It was already legal based on the laws of
the land.

--
Maggie