blabla

Default JVC colorTV AV-25F1EG high voltage problem?

All,

my TV, a JVC AV-25F1EG, about 12 y.o. gave up recently. I guess it's the
high voltage that has blacked out.

After switching on, only sometimes for just a sec I hear sound and an image
pops up on screen. This image vanishes again, leaving a center glow on the
tube for just a sec. This being combined with obvious sounds coming from the
back of the TV (high freq tone that goes higher with time) makes me draw the
conclusion it's likely the high voltage.

Can anyone make a more educated guess from the described symptoms and shed
some light on if this is a repair one can do safely at home (security issues
re. high voltage).

I definately do not want to throw it away as I really LOVE its design and
overall performance.

Looking foreward to your info.

regards,
Michael