Posted to alt.home.repair

Default trouble with power plugs for freezers

On 07/08/2015 02:56 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/8/2015 1:14 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 07/08/2015 06:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
A plug that's only partially pulled out can generate enough heat to
start a
fire - particularly in a device that draws a lot of amps.
Bobby G.

Perhaps freezers should be hard wired, like furnace?

How about an electric dryer?

Even more critical, and even more need for
hard wiring.

The plug for my dryer is harder to get to, requiring moving the dryer
(which requires moving the washer, because of limited space). It also
takes more force to pull out.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If we should put god in the Constitution there would be no room left
for man." -- Robert G. Ingersoll