Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

"J Burns" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I think it was published in New York to be sure Emily had access to it.
It would remind her that many in Texas remembered and loved her. She
could show it to her children to prove she was the Yellow Rose of Texas.

Interesting!

See

http://www.amaranthpublishing.com/yellow.htm

for

http://www.amaranthpublishing.com/Th...Of%20Texas.mp3

There's a yellow rose in Texas
That I am a going to see
No other darky knows her
No one only me

She cryed so when I left her
It like to broke my heart
And if I ever find her
We nevermore will part

And continues:

She's the sweetest rose of color
This darky ever knew
Her eyes are bright as diamonds
They sparkle like the dew

You may talk about dearest May
and sing of Rosa Lee
But the yellow rose of Texas
Beats the belles of Tennessee

In 1864 General Hood and the Texas Brigade fighting in Tennessee, were
defeated. His men retreated in such confusion they thought the war was over.
Many headed home, and a fourth stanza was added:

And now I'm going southward, for my heart is full of woe,
I'm going back to Georgia, to see my Uncle Joe.
You may talk about your Beauregard, and sing of Bobbie Lee,
But the gallant Hood of Texas played hell in Tennessee. [Chorus]