Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default LED Bulb and Phone APP (WTF)

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 10:08:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/7/2015 6:15 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 06:00:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I never thought I'd use a smartphone much until I got one. Yesterday
I deposited a check so it saved me a trip to the bank or an ATM.

How can you cash a check on a smartphone? Is there a slot to insert the
check or what? Thats a new one on me.

Probably the weirdest thing I saw someone do with a cellphone was to set
it on a pool table in a bar and check if the table was level. It looked
just like an actual level.

You can't "cash" a check, only deposit it to your checking or savings
account. You endorse it, take a picture of both sides and in seconds, I
have an email confirmation from the bank that it was approved.

Yes, there is a level app as well as compass, sound meter, distance,
flashlight. See that plane flying over? You can tell what flight it is
and where it is going to and from as well as altitude and speed.

Getting back to the lightbulb, I agree it is extreme and silly, but you
can also monitor home security. My 3 year old Hyundai has a lot of
features like remote start from the phone, but the new ones this year
you can turn on the defroster and set the temperature for the climate
control too.

I have set TV shows to record at home from my phone and can tell it to
use the Family Room or the bedroom DVR.

UPS and FedEx tell me when a package is on the way to me and notify me
when it is delivered. In their database it tells the driver where to
leave it. USPS does that but not quite as fast. I have to enter a
number for them.

The list of uses is endless. Some kind of silly, others downright
ingenious and useful. It is a very powerful tool when used properly.

I wish they made one that would do my laundry, clean the house, cook my
meals, put up fencing for my livestock, mowed the lawn, and so on....