Hotspur

Default Micrwave oven - M8A fuse?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:30:13 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

In article , Hotspur
writes

I've repaired plenty of these,where in the UK are you?I'm at the
Borders near Holy Island.If it's tripped whilst cooking and you are
fully up to date with microwaves I'll walk you through the repair.You
shouldn't have opened it and tested if you did not discharge th hv.

I did, following the instructions in the FAQ, and kept a wire croc
clipped across the cap terminals while I was poking around. Did
remember to disconnect it before I switched on though

it's possible the thermal cutouts at that control the oven/mag
have failed.They are small round discs with the operating temp.on
them.

According to the diagram pasted to the side of the cover, these are in
series with the HV circuitry and would not cause a blown HV fuse.

Replace them they are cheap.You need the standard 8A microwave
fuse to replace,buy them in packs of ten for a quid.

Thanks. Where can I get them?

--
A. Top posters.

CPC Preston tel 01772-654455 they sell to none trade customers any
problems I'll get them on my account and send you them next order but
you should be ok,All orders are minus VAT and postage