Stefan Huebner

Default Epson ELP 7200 Projector Power Supply Help

Hmm. Combined into the power supply is a separate component that
provides power to the lamp. It has a box mounted on the IC with two
serious wires coming out of it.. and on the box itself it has a
warning and a 25kV output label.

Also on the main part of the PS itself is (what I believe to be) a
capacitor that is about an inch thich and 2 inches long. I haven't
investigated to see any numbers on the side yet.. but I was wary.

This is probably the primary side filter cap, something of
fewhunderd-uf's and 400V+ size. No low volts actually...

Are you sure this is a low voltage device?

He isn't obviously sure about what he's writing...

It may well be worth fixing if you have the time. It could be a bad
regulator or transformer winding. Check the AC voltages at the all the
secondary points of the power supply transformer. It may only have one

....it would be quite hard to simply "check the voltages" of a switch
mode power supply.