Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Walmart won't makes Confederate flag cake but makes ISIS flag cake

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 4:48:48 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/1/2015 4:26 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 4:09:07 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
After decades of seeing marriage between a man and woman, I found it to
be strange. OTOH, I can't think of solid reasons to deny them a
relationship together

Bible
Book of Mormon
teachings of LDS church
Koran

Solid enough for you?

First amendment, solid enough for you?

Congress shall make no law respecting an
establishment of religion, or prohibiting the
free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom
of speech, or of the press; or the right of the
people peaceably to assemble, and to petition
the Government for a redress of grievances.

So, what does the right to free speech (and
the prohibition of a government created church)
have to do with this?

You posted a list of reasons to deny gay marriage:

Bible
Book of Mormon
teachings of LDS church
Koran

Solid enough for you?

When you want the government to make law on gay marriage on the
basis of what various religions say or don't say about it, it's a
violation of the first amendment. It's a step in the direction
of a theocracy, like those crazy nut countries that have all kinds
of screwy laws, with very bad consequences, based on religion.