Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using Extension Cord with Freezer

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 00:21:47 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 8:17:17 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/29/2015 11:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/29/2015 3:47 AM, gregz wrote:

I bought the extension for power failures LOL I always keep it handy. One
off my garage is 100 foot 12 gauge. I thought it migh have been priced
wrong when I paid $25 at my local hardware.

Greg

How does it work during a power failure? Is it pre-charged? I imagine
you plug it into itself so the electricity does not leak out.

This reply has totally got to be deserving of some
kind of award. I've seldom been so inspired.

-

I thought every one knew that if you quickly snatch the plug end of an extension out of a wall receptacle then quickly plug it into the socket end of the extension cord, electricity will be trapped in the cord as it circles round and round inside the cord. You must be very quick or the electricity will escape. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Electric Monster

That's why the brits, who wired with ring topology, always had
switches on their outlets to stop the leaks.
In north america we didn't need the switch because we didn't use ring
topology to wire our houses......