Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Standard" bulb base: E26 or E27? Both?

On 7/1/2015 2:20 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I worked for a supply house that sold the left hand

thread bulbs and the construction lights that are strung
around work sites. The bulb cages used to be made from
metal wire but I think most of them have plastic guards
now. The idiot thieves who tried to steal the left hand
thread bulbs started stealing the whole light strings. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Bulb Monster

Years ago, I heard the left thread bulbs were
started in NYC subway. The loss of light bulbs
got expensive.

I'd guess the folks there stole the entire RR
cars, socket and bulb and all.

-
..
Christopher A. Young