Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Chris Ahlstrom[_2_] Chris Ahlstrom[_2_] is offline

Default Case For Using Linux

Brian Reay wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

Wildman wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:28:27 -0700, Snit wrote:

Which it has. If the open source community would get its act together and
make a desktop product that competes well it would make a huge dent in the
market. The denial of the zealots works against this.

I know it will do no good but I will say one more time, Linux
is not in the "market", it is FREE.

That doesn't mean it can't reduce sales of products in the market which are
not free.

I acquire/build machines without an OS and install Linux in the main. That
is a number of copies of MS Windows not sold.

Copies not sold, maybe, but what about license? Does the vendor still do
the volume deal in order to get "cheaper" Windows licenses?

Or is that "proprietary information", sealed under a "non-disclousre deal"?

--
A father doesn't destroy his children.
-- Lt. Carolyn Palamas, "Who Mourns for Adonais?",