Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Melzzzzz Melzzzzz is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 02:45:18 GMT
Wildman wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:09:55 -0700, Snit wrote:

On 6/30/15, 4:15 PM, in article ,
"Wildman" wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:28:27 -0700, Snit wrote:

Which it has. If the open source community would get its act
together and make a desktop product that competes well it would
make a huge dent in the market. The denial of the zealots works
against this.

I know it will do no good but I will say one more time, Linux
is not in the "market", it is FREE.

It is in the market - it comes on computers you can buy.

Yes, I know. That makes up some of that 1.5% crap I am always
hearing about. Aside from pirating, 100% of Windows and OSx
that is out there was sold in the market in one way or another
and none of it was free. There is no rationale for saying that
Linux in the market.

OSX is now free but can't be installed on non Mac hardware. While we
are that I have downloaded different images in order to try it in
virtualbox and none worked. Seems that it is easier to install it on
bare metal (non Mac) then in VM....
While I have iMac in the office I just wanted to try it in VM, but alas
virtualbox support is very lousy.